A ten-year-old boy has died after he obtained an electrical shock at a Blackpool resort, police mentioned.
The teen was discovered unresponsive at about 10.39pm on Sunday at Tiffany’s Lodge on the Promenade in Blackpool.
He died on Thursday, a Lancashire Police spokesman mentioned.
The kid’s accidents have been in keeping with him having obtained a “excessive voltage of electrical energy”, the pressure added.
In an announcement launched on Friday, Lancashire Police mentioned: “A boy has sadly died following an incident at a Blackpool resort.
“We have been referred to as to the Promenade, Blackpool, at 10.39pm on Sunday (September 3) to studies a 10-year-old boy had been discovered unresponsive inside a resort.
“He was taken to hospital with accidents in keeping with coming into contact with a excessive voltage of electrical energy and really sadly died in hospital yesterday (Thursday September 7).
“His household have been by his bedside and our ideas are with them presently.
“Following an preliminary police investigation this matter has now been handed to the native authority.
“A file will probably be ready for HM Coroner.”
A spokesman for Tiffany’s Lodge mentioned: “We’re heartbroken by the information we’ve got obtained right this moment and our ideas and prayers stay with the household at this distressing time.
“We are going to proceed to offer the related authorities any help they should perform their investigations.
“The security and luxury of our visitors stays our primary precedence and due to this fact we’ve got taken the choice to voluntarily shut while the investigations and our personal inspections happen. Our cellphone traces stay open.”
A Blackpool Council spokeswoman mentioned: “We’ve got been knowledgeable of the tragic demise of a younger boy following an incident at Tiffany’s Lodge. Our ideas are along with his household and mates at this unhappy time.
“Our investigation is now beneath means and following our recommendation the proprietor of the resort has agreed to a voluntary closure.
“If anybody has data regarding this investigation they will e mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org”
The Tiffany Lodge was closed on Friday morning and a employee at a neighbouring resort mentioned it had been shut for the previous couple of days.
She mentioned she may hear youngsters enjoying there final week however didn’t see something of the incident.
A person in overalls working in the back of the resort declined to talk.
The Blackpool lights switch-on befell final Friday, with many vacationers and younger households visiting the city for the annual occasion.