Get able to have a good time Nationwide Dessert Day, which falls on October 14 and revel in a night with straightforward dessert recipes. Whether or not you are a professional baker or new to the kitchen, these treats work for everybody. From basic chocolate to fruity and creamy choices, we have got one thing for everybody. Be part of us in making home made sweets that can make your day particular. Time to bake up some tasty desserts at house!
1. Strawberry Shortcake: A Symphony of Flavours (By Gagan Anand, Founder and Director, of Scuzo Ice ‘O’ Magic)
- 1 pound contemporary strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilly and reduce into small items
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Mix the sliced strawberries and 1/4 cup of sugar in a bowl. Permit them to take a seat for round half-hour to launch their juices.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a big mixing bowl, whisk collectively the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Incorporate chilly butter till the combination resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add milk and vanilla extract to the dry components, mixing till simply mixed.
- Flip the dough onto a floured floor, gently knead it, and pat right into a 1-inch thick spherical.
- Use a biscuit cutter to create rounds from the dough. Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 12-Quarter-hour till golden brown.
- Permit the shortcakes to chill barely earlier than slicing them in half horizontally.
- To serve, spoon macerated strawberries onto the underside half of every shortcake. Prime with whipped cream and the opposite half of the shortcake.
- Serve the strawberry shortcakes instantly and savor the goodness!
2. Traditional Sundae: Indulgence in Each Scoop (By Gagan Anand, Founder and Director, of Scuzo Ice ‘O’ Magic)
- 2 scoops of your favourite ice cream taste
- 1 banana, sliced
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate sauce
- Caramel sauce
- Chopped nuts
- Cherry for garnish
- Begin by scooping your most popular ice cream taste right into a bowl or sundae dish.
- Place banana slices on prime of the ice cream.
- Drizzle beneficiant quantities of chocolate and caramel sauce over the ice cream and banana.
- Add dollops of whipped cream on prime.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts over the whipped cream.
- End with a cherry on prime for a pleasant garnish.
3. Choose Me Up Pista Bomb (By Chef Sanjeev Kapoor, American Pistachios)
- 1 cup pistachios
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats, toasted
- 1 cup puffed amaranth (rajgira)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- Dry roast pistachios for 3-4 minutes on medium warmth. Change the warmth off and permit it to chill barely.
- Put the roasted pistachios in a meals processor jar and course of to a rough combination.
- Warmth a non-stick pan. Add brown sugar and a couple of tbsps water and cook dinner until the sugar melts.
- Add rolled oats, puffed amaranth, and coarsely processed pistachios. Add honey and cinnamon powder and blend till effectively mixed. Switch on to a plate and permit to chill barely.
- Take small parts of the combination with greased fingers and roll every portion right into a ball.
4. Chocolate Sponge Cake: (By Chef Bhaskar Chakraborty, JW Marriott Kolkata)
- 375 grams of Sugar
- 300 grams of Flour
- 21 grams of Baking Powder
- 50 grams of Cocoa Powder
- 140 ml of Oil
- 500 grams of Eggs
- 205 grams of Milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 levels Celsius.
- Combine all of the dry components (sugar, flour, baking powder, cocoa powder) collectively.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar collectively.
- Add the dry components to the egg and sugar combination.
- Add the milk and blend till the batter is effectively mixed.
- Unfold the batter evenly in a lined baking pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or till a toothpick comes out clear.
- Permit the cake to chill.