Forward of the festive season, the Union Cupboard on Wednesday accredited Minimal Assist Costs (MSP) for six Rabi crops, together with wheat, for 2024-25 and hiked dearness allowance by 4 proportion factors to 46 per cent for Central authorities workers and pensioners. Addressing a press briefing, Union Minister Anurag Thakur additionally introduced that the Cupboard accredited Rs 20,000 crore for a transmission line to Leh solar energy undertaking.
The selections had been taken at a gathering of the Cupboard Committee on Financial Affairs (CCEA) chaired by Prime Minister Modi. The bulletins come forward of Meeting elections in key wheat rising states and months forward of the Lok Sabha election.
Cupboard Selections In the present day: Highlights
- Dearness allowance for Central govt workers and dearness aid for pensioners elevated by 4 per cent. The DA hike will likely be carried out from July 1, 2023.
- The transfer will profit 48.67 lakh central authorities workers and 67.95 lakh pensioners.
- The rise relies on the suggestions of the seventh Central Pay Fee.
- Within the highest improve for the reason that BJP authorities got here to energy in 2014, the Cupboard has hiked wheat MSP by Rs 150/quintal to Rs 2,275/quintal for 2024-25.
- Presently, the MSP on wheat is Rs 2,125 per quintal for the 2023-24 advertising and marketing season (April-March).
(This can be a growing story)